Thursday, June 10, 2010

co-op team building at Camp Carl Joy Holling

What I liked most about the Camp Carl Joy Holling, is being able to interact with the fellow participants in Summer Scholars. Not only did I meet awesome new people, I got to share a bond that I haven't had in a while with complete strangers. It helped me to learn about my roommates a little better. I honestly don't think I've ever met so many people at once. It was a great experience for me, knowing that I've never done some of the things we did at the camp or just ever been there before period.
The most challenging thing I had to face was the group high ropes course. Being about from 40 to 50 feet in the air helped me to realize if I was really scared of heights, because I really didn't know. But that wasn't the hard part, It was the trust issue; I have with people. It took so much courage for me to trust complete strangers. That it became an advantage for me. I don't think I would have ever gotten to experience or have even known of a such thing as a high ropes course. If I wasn't given the opportunity to be in the Summer Scholars program.
The thing that was most scariest for me was the individual high ropes course. Knowing that I was high up in the and alone made it worst. I had to keep telling my self "your strapped and you can't fall", just to accomplish the whole course. What made it a little easier were my fellow Summer Scholars participants cheering me on. When in reality I wanted to cry and get down. One staff member who really helped me was Kaitlin, sorry if i spelled your name wrong. She not only gave me the courage to continue the second half of the course, but she guided me. It was an experience of a life time,I feel if i could go through something that tough for me. That maybe I would have enough courage for sky diving, or even bungy jumping.

No comments:

Post a Comment